Wednesday, June 1

When does a cocoon become a tool of suffocation ?

http://painterlady.blogspot.com/2005/05/cocoons.html

My reply to the above blog post

I am a parent... and i do sheild my children from the realities of the world until they reach an age when i feel they can deal with the subject matter involved.

A couple of years ago (he was 7 coming up to 8) my son asked me about Rape... and sexual assualt... why you may ask... because he had seen an item on the news and it had bothered him... he wanted to understand what the news reader was talking about and why it was on every news bulletin... that was a day when the reality of the world came into his. I gave him a simple explanation and ensured he understood.

Since then i have had to explain many things to him including periods... and another p word that strikes fear into all parents hearts paedophille.

We can sheild our children up to a point. But the reality is that if we dont arm them with the knowledge they need to protect themselves and live in the world of today we do our children an injustice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home